• Samimista
  • Thank you received: 156
  • Gil: 8,580
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • HP: 165 / 165
    MP: 74 / 74
    LIMIT: Level 1
    EXP: 4761

Well, I bought the game two days ago. I'm seven hours in so far and at . . .
    Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It's still early to say, but I like how the sequel has more of a dark and mature tone compared to the original with its story. Don't get me wrong, there's still whimsical and lighthearted humor sprinkled throughout the game, but it doesn't feel overdone like the first.

So, is anyone playing Original Sin 2 right now, and what are your thoughts?

Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Samimista.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #2118 by xXDibbs
  • xXDibbs
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 116
  • Gil: 6,275
  • HP: 102 / 102
    MP: 58 / 58
    EXP: 2534
    I bought it, but trying to find people to play it with cooperatively (no luck there unless you would like to join me hahahahah)

I prefer the first games beginning to the way this one starts, it felt like the first one eased you into game while this one at least to me overwhelmed me with way too much content with little and context and left me in an area where I had no idea where to go and I was under leveled and couldn't find a place to grind exp level my guy up.

I think they should have just slowed down a bit in the beginning and let people get comfortable with the games structure and the way it plays but thats probably because I've yet to get very far in the game.

1 month 3 weeks ago #2120 by Samimista
  • Samimista

xXDibbs wrote: I bought it, but trying to find people to play it with cooperatively (no luck there unless you would like to join me hahahahah)

I prefer the first games beginning to the way this one starts, it felt like the first one eased you into game while this one at least to me overwhelmed me with way too much content with little and context and left me in an area where I had no idea where to go and I was under leveled and couldn't find a place to grind exp level my guy up.

I think they should have just slowed down a bit in the beginning and let people get comfortable with the games structure and the way it plays but thats probably because I've yet to get very far in the game.

I'd be willing to play with you when I'm done with my first playthrough. :)

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm 13 hours in and still at the tutorial island . . . I originally started to play the game on Normal, but I caved in and switched it to Easy due to how much I was dying and how it's hard to level up without there being any enemies on the beach. I think once I leave Fort Joy, I'll put it back on Normal and give it another shot, though.

What's your character like and who's in your party?

I'm playing as a Battlemage Elf name Samara. She's level 4 at the moment.

I mentioned my party in my original post, but I think I like (very minor spoiler) . . .
    Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #2123 by Samimista
  • Samimista
    24 hours in and I just beat the final (?) boss of Act 1. Without getting into any spoilers, I'll say that it was an epic fight and I'm looking forward of what's to come. Unfortunately, I have midterms this and next week, so I probably won't be playing much until next Thursday, haha. I haven't been using a guide, so I'm gonna make sure I did every sidequest on the tutorial island before continuing.

How far is everyone else?

Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Samimista.

2 weeks 4 days ago #2138 by xXDibbs
  • xXDibbs
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 116
  • Gil: 6,275
  • HP: 102 / 102
    MP: 58 / 58
    EXP: 2534
    Haven't been able to touch my PC since I just got it working, but I did take the time to introduce the game to my friend and we played Divinity OS 1 on the PS4 together and he really enjoyed it which is great news for me.

Regarding OS 2 I'm glad I've held off until they've added a lot of new content like Voice Acting and the undead guy.

Still looking for someone to join me on Divinity OS 2, but I still find the first area of the game to be very overwhelming.

Maybe when I make sure everything is in order me and my friend will beat Divinity OS 1 and move to 2 with you!